Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum,
• Review chapters 2 and 3 of the course textbook, Biological Basis of Behavior (Wilson, 2013).
• Watch Recording Presentations with Zoom (Links to an external site.)
• Watch Use Microsoft PowerPoint with Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.)
• If necessary, review the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource.
The purpose of this discussion forum is for you to create, share, and discuss a video presentation for your classmates. This 4–6-minute presentation will identify a drug of interest, explain its neurobiology, and explain its most important biological and psychological effects on people and explain one or more of its social consequences. Use the following technology instructions and content outline to create and share your video presentation.
In addition, it is recommended you watch the following example presentation by a University of Arizona Global Campus student completed during the 2020 Research Symposium (Links to an external site.). Although the content differs from what you will be presenting, use this as an example of the look and feel of a recorded webinar and presentation.
To complete this discussion forum, follow these steps outlined in the tabs below:
• Presentation Requirements
• Presentation Content
• Guided Response
• Submission Instructions
The following requirements must be met in order to complete your video presentation.
• Creating Visuals: Use Microsoft PowerPoint or presentation software of your choice to create the visuals for your presentation. For a 4–6-minute presentation, we suggest having five to six slides of content, not including the APA 7th edition formatted references slide.
• Creating the Script: Write the transcriipt for your presentation using Microsoft Word. You may read from the transcriipt while you record your video, and it may be used as a transcriipt for accessibility purposes.
o Transcriipt Note: You will turn in your transcriipt, along with your presentation.
• Record the Presentation: Use Zoom, Screencast-O-Matic, or another video platform to record your video.
o For help with Zoom, please review the Zoom Quick Reference Guide (Links to an external site.) . The Quick Reference Guide includes instructions for obtaining a sharable link to your video.
o For help with Screencast-O-Matic, please review the Screencast-O-Matic Quick-Start (Links to an external site.)